I have had a VERY rough couple nights. Saturday night I woke up about 4am with an awful contraction. I was actually excited! They were off and on until about 9:00, and then they just went away....so weird. So I went about my day, we went to a friends house for a cookout and the whole time we were there, my stomach was just rock hard. Never had any type of contraction, it just felt like there was a board underneath my skin. Went to bed that night, actuallly got a pretty decent nights sleep considering the night before. Monday was a pretty good day, Dave was off for Memorial Day so we just lounged around the house until about noon and then he took me to lunch and went shopping. We went to eat wings on the porch at Buffalo Wild Wings and then went to Olive Garden for desert. By the way, if you love chocolate (and I mean you have to REALLY love chocolate because this is a very rich tasting desert), you have to go to Olive Garden and get their Chocolate Cilcolto Cake. I don't know if I spelled thar right or not, but it was absolutely AMAZING!!!!!! That night we went to bed and I was up from 12:00 on and probably only got 2, maybe 3 hours of sleep last night. I was having pretty consistent contractions and I even started timing them. They were about 5-8 minutes apart for a good hour and a half. I knew I had a doc appointment the next morning so I didn't rush to the hospital, I just figured I'd wait it out. I fell back asleep for about an hour and woke up and they were gone. I tell you, I'm so frustrated with these contractions, it's like I lay there and have all this pain and then its for nothing-ok I guess it is getting my cervix ready or whatever, but still, no baby!
My doctor appointment went really well this morning. I saw Dr. Woodall and she is by far my favorite doctor. She actually took the time to explain to me what was going on and what we were doing to do over the next week since I'm now over 39 weeks. She said based on what I told her has been going on the past few nights, she really seems to think I will go into labor on my own in the next few days. I was 2cm dilated and 80% effaced which is pretty good. I was disappointed I wasn't more dilated, but like she said, she had a girl come in the hospital yesterday at 10am and she was 2cm dilated and she delivered her baby at 3:30 yesterday afternoon, so I can dilate pretty quickly. She also said my cervix is VERY soft, which means when I do start to dilate more, it can happen very quickly and his head is VERY low. He is in position to be born, he is just being very stubborn-just like his mom :) If he doesn't come on his own, I have another appointment with the same doctor on Monday and at that point we will more than likely schedule a time to be induced next week. SO-potentially I could have my son here by this time next week???? Hopefully sooner because I would much rather all this be done on his timing............I did find out yesterday that my Grandaddy and Dave's Grandaddy's birthdays are tomorrow, the 27th, so that would be pretty awesome if he decided to come tomorrow!!!
As far as anything else new going on in our lives, there's not much to report. Our lives has pretty much been consumed with waiting on this baby. I must admit though, the Lord really has been teaching me patience through this whole experience. As many people who know me well, know that I am not a very patient person and the Lord is definitely working with me on that right now. I'm trying now to just enjoy the quietness of my life and the time I have with Dave (and Chloe) because I know things are going to change ALOT here pretty soon.
Hopefully the next time I post on here.....I will be posting baby pictures!!!!
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment